Before you move a new pet into your home, it must be approved by management and all applicable requirements must be met (additional deposit/photo/current proof of rabies vaccination). Anyone with an emotional support animal must have our letter signed by their health provider prior to approval.
All pet owners must follow the following rules and regulations;
- Any additional pet(s) must be approved by Tuscan Property Management (with additional deposit/photos/current rabies certification).
- Tenant agrees to adhere to applicable government laws and regulations, including leash and licensing requirements.
- Tenant shall not allow the pet(s) to cause damage, discomfort, annoyance, and nuisance or in any way cause inconvenience or any other cause for complaints.
- Tenant shall be liable for any and all damages or costs in connection with said pet including liability for occurrences involving other people.
- Tenant is responsible for picking up and properly disposing of all pet feces and to do so in a timely manner.
- Tenant agrees to accompany and restrain their pet when the pet is outside of the yard.
- Tenant represents the pet is quiet and properly housebroken. Use of the grounds or premises for sanitary purposes is prohibited.
- Tenant agrees that their pet will not have offspring on or around said premises.
- Tenant agrees not to leave the pet unattended for any unreasonable length of time (dog- more than one day) (cat-more than three days).
- Tenant agrees to provide their pet with regular health care, including inoculations when needed and shall prevent fleas or any other infestation of the rental unit.
- Any dog must not be one of the following list of unacceptable dog breeds and may not be permitted at the property (Visitors pets included.)
- Doberan Pinscher
- German Shepard
- Wolf Hybrid
- Presa Canario
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Pit Bull Terrier
- English Bull Terrier
- American Staffordshire Terrier
In the event of default by the tenant of any of the above terms of this agreement, Tenant agrees that within three days after receiving written notice of default from Owner/Landlord, to cure the default or vacate the premises. Violation of the above rules and regulations shall be treated as a violation of the original rental agreement and may cause eviction proceedings.
To begin the process of having a new pet added to your rental agreement please complete the form below or contact our office at (530) 605-4110.
Submitting this form does not guarantee that you will be allowed to add a pet to your current rental agreement.